8 Facts About Home Depot
At America's number one home improvement retailer, everything revolves around taking care of its associates just as they take care of the customers. So, basically, that means that there are plenty of positive sides to working at Home Depot. Here are eight good things to keep an eye on:
1. All employees get proper training that will help them develop not only product and business knowledge, but grow their leadership skills as well.
2. Home Depot offers various discounts to their associates to help them save money.
3. Big chances of moving forward from hourly associates to leadership positions.
4. Opportunity to get a full-time job with a decent monthly salary, including benefit packages.
5. More working hours mean more vacation and free days, including sick days.
6. Special benefits for active duty and veteran associates due to their special support programs.
7. At Home Depot, higher education is greatly valued. All associates, whether they are salaried, full-time or part-time, can count on tuition reimbursement.
8. In case of an emergency, family illness or disasters, Home Depot offers additional emergency financial assistance to all associates.
Home Depot is a company that cares greatly for its customers and associates. Their business policy states that their main goals are caring for their associates, providing excellent customer service to build strong relationships based on respect and developing entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging their associates to do the right thing.
Everyone can benefit from working at Home Depot, including hourly employees. Benefit Packages for Hourly Workers
There are five main benefit packages that hourly workers can count on:
● Dental Insurance
● Life Insurance
● Medical Coverage
● Short-term Disability Insurance
● Vision Coverage
Hourly employees can count on their payouts to range from $200 to $1000
but they can also count on their company investing in their further personal and professional development. The range of benefits depends on the length of the person's service. On top of all that, thanks to the latest tax benefits, they're now giving their hourly workers a one-time bonus of $1000 with the opportunity to raise pay on the go.
The hourly employees who need some time off
can also count on some benefits such as vacation, holidays, sick and personal days, all sorts of leave of absence, jury duty and bereavement days. Since Home Depot is really big on caring for their associates, it has carefully tailored its programs and plans to meet the family and individual needs of their employees.
With that in mind, by providing these benefits to their hourly workers
, Home Depot encourages their associates to adapt and adopt creative ideas from other workers. They help them to learn on the finest examples and come up with their own innovative ways of handling problems.